Mechanic - Jennings, LA
Martin Transport operates a fleet of tank trucks providing transportation of petroleum products, LP gas, molten sulfur, sulfuric acid, paper mill liquids, chemicals, dry bulk, and numerous other bulk liquid commodities.
- Job Description
- Diagnoses mechanical problems, repairs and rebuilds equipment; checks and schedules work; orders parts as needed; welds, sandblasts and paints equipment.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems; repairs and rebuilds water pumps, commercial mowers, saws, self-propelled rollers and compactors, etc.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs brakes, transmissions, rear-ends, clutches, hydraulic systems, valves, pumps and electrical problems.
- Performs tune-ups on vehicles as needed.
- Repairs body of equipment.
- Maintains file cards on fleet.
- Orders parts as needed to maintain stock; picks up parts.
- Makes service calls as needed.
- Cleans shop, storage area and parts room.
- Group Medical Insurance
- Group Dental Plan, Vision Care, Prescription Drug Cards
- Hospital Sick Pay
- Group Life Insurance - $50,000 plus additional $50,000 AD&D
- Dependent Life Insurance - $5,000 benefit amount
- Retirement Savings Plan - 401K with company contributions
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Vacation (Pay based on previous year weekly average)
- High School Diploma or equivalency and three years work experience as a mechanic.
- Should have the ability to diagnose mechanical problems and make repairs.
- Knowledge of standard materials, tools and equipment and skill in the use and care of tools